pip unable to find an extension of a lib.

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 03:48:35 EDT 2019

>From https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5-sip/#files, it looks like the
project only distributes wheels (no source archive). You don't say
what platform you're using, but if it's Linux, the fact that you have
a debug Python probably means you need a different ABI, so the
standard wheels that they provide aren't compatible. So if there's no
compatible wheel and no source, there's nothing that can be installed.

pip install -v pyqt5 might give you some more information about why
the files available are not being considered as suitable, but I think
the above is likely.

Paul