How to make an application run "online"

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 14:52:12 EDT 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 4:31 AM Daniel Tkach <hokanokoto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Chris, thank you! So by this I found https://www.pythonanywhere.com, and I'm checking it out!
> Good points about the "polling", I thought I could do it that way but I didn't know the term. I think every 30 minutes will be fine, but I'll check the notifications part.
> Thanks again for putting me on track.

Cool! A pythonanywhere "beginner" app won't be able to do a
thirty-minutely poll, and also won't be able to receive notifications,
so this option would cost money. Depending on the availability of
notifications, you may find that Heroku is a good option - it's great
for anything that's triggered by incoming HTTP requests (which is how
many notification systems work).

ChrisA