requests

Jack Dangler tdldev at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 07:57:27 EDT 2019

Hi, all. Just getting started but already have an idea for something to
save me some grief

we have lists of files that reside on a sharepoint site at work that we
pick from. These have a variety of data items in them and we need to
start the process by copying the entire contents into a local work file
and then use that as a part of a runbook to develop the solution to the
problem statement (one of the items within the file). I've done the
copy/paste on all 31 parts 4 times and I'm already tired. "This would be
a good place to learn a little Python" says me. So I figure I can either
go the requests route to the sharepoint site and navigate the path to
the place where the work items are and then figure out (based on the
to the SP database and work through the schema (assuming I even have any
access to the backend database). Has anyone here used Py for extracting
item data from SP? Is there a preferred method for this? Thanks for the
input - really appreciate the wealth of knowledge here.