fs package question - cp -p semantics when copying files?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 09:52:16 EDT 2019

> Is there an (unstated) reason why you're using Python and not a system
> tool such as rsync?

It's part of a larger application which needs to copy files from a number
of locations, not all of which are filesystems on local or remote hosts
(think zip archives, s3 buckets, tar files, etc). In that application, I am
using the fs package (PyFilesystem). Since it collects files from a number
of locations (some static, some updated monthly, some daily), it would be
handy if I could preserve file timestamps for post mortem debugging.

Skip