Syntax for one-line "nonymous" functions in "declaration style"

Schachner, Joseph Joseph.Schachner at Teledyne.com
Mon Apr 1 12:12:55 EDT 2019

Re: ">> Neither i like how a function magically turns into a generator if the
>> keyword `yield` appears somewhere within its definition.

> I agree, there should have been a required syntactic element on the "def"
> line as well to signal it immediately to the reader. It won't stop me from using them, though."

One way to save people looking at the code from having to look through a function for a yield statement to see if it is a generator would be to add a """doc string""" immediately after the function def, saying that it is a generator
and describing what it does.  I realize I'm calling on the programmer to address this issue by adding doc strings.  Nonetheless adding doc strings is a good habit to get in to.
--- Joseph S.