Losing words

David Raymond David.Raymond at tomtom.com
Mon Apr 1 10:39:32 EDT 2019

https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/socket.html#socket.socket.send

.send returns the number of bytes that it actually succeeded in sending. From the docs: "Applications are responsible for checking that all data has been sent; if only some of the data was transmitted, the application needs to attempt delivery of the remaining data."

You could also switch to using .sendall, which will do retries for you.

But in either case you get a return code which lets you know if everything went through ok.