What's needed for jpegtran in Python 3?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Sep 27 13:45:42 EDT 2018

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 2:51 AM Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm converting an existing Python2 program to Python3, it uses
> > jpegtran and I can't find what to install to get this in Python3.
> >
> > Can anyone advise what I need to install in Python3?
> >

> Do you mean this?
>
> https://pypi.org/project/jpegtran-cffi/
>
> I can't find anything called just "jpegtran" for either Py2 or Py3,
> but that one claims to work on 3.3+ as well as 2.6 and 2.7.

I think that must be what I have already installed, it doesn't make
the module available in Python 3, it just says this when I try and
install it:-

    root at t470:~# pip install jpegtran-cffi
    Requirement already satisfied: jpegtran-cffi in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
    Requirement already satisfied: cffi>=0.8 in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from jpegtran-cffi)
    root at t470:~#

Python 3 isn't going to find that is it?  When I run my program it
says:-

    chris$ picimport.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/home/chris/bin/picimport.py", line 28, in <module>
        from jpegtran import JPEGImage
    ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'jpegtran'
    chris$

--
Chris Green
·