What is not working with my "map" usage?

Brian Oney brian.j.oney at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 21 17:59:44 EDT 2018

Hi Viet,

map applies the function to each of the elements of the list you provide.

It would be roughly equivalent to:

[add_all_elements(x) for x in alist]

It may help you to consider the term and function "map" from the view of linear algebra.

Apparently it's a common term:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map_%28higher-order_function%29?wprov=sfla1

HTH