Copy constructor and assignment operator

MRAB python at mrabarnett.plus.com
Sun Sep 16 11:58:22 EDT 2018

On 2018-09-16 08:48, Ajay Patel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> What happen if do copy using copy module? i can see address are
> different when using copy module.
> Which magic method will call when i an doing deepcopy?
> Snippet>>>>>>

> __setattr__
> __setattr__
> __setattr__
> (4,5)
> 3072575564
> (4,5)
> 3072522924

You don't necessarily have to do anything else; the copy/deepcopy
operation will create a new instance and copy/deepcopy the appropriate
attributes for you.

However, if you want more control, you can define a couple of dunder
methods to do it your own way.

I'll quote from the documentation page on the 'copy' module:

|"""|In order for a class to define its own copy implementation, it can
define special methods |__copy__()| and |__deepcopy__()|. The former is
called to implement the shallow copy operation; no additional arguments
are passed. The latter is called to implement the deep copy operation;
it is passed one argument, the memo dictionary. If the |__deepcopy__()|
implementation needs to make a deep copy of a component, it should call
the |deepcopy()| <#copy.deepcopy> function with the component as first
argument and the memo dictionary as second argument."""