Python for System Verilog testbench

Bobby italienisch1987 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 18:11:31 EDT 2018

I have a very simple System Verilog (SV) adder as my DUT (device under test). I would like to  generate a test bench for this DUT based on the 'requirements'. I wrote its  (DUT) functions in simple text as 'requirements' while following a particular syntax. Now through  the help of grammar, I would like to give the requirement input to the grammar.

Questions:

 (1)     Considering my end goal, i.e. to generate some particular parts of
         SV testbench from requirements, any good python parser available ?

 (2)     If I use python parser, will any kind of python scripting will help me to generate the testbench in SV for my DUT ? My confusion at this point is that most of all the literature I am reading suggests linguistic techniques. Any non-linguistic technique ?