Accessing clipboard through software built on Python

Musatov tomusatov at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 14:50:11 EDT 2018

On Saturday, October 27, 2018 at 11:12:35 AM UTC-5, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com>:
> > As far as I know it's not possible for an application to directly yank
> > highlighted text from another application.
>
> That's an age-old pattern in X11. I don't know if Wayland supports it.
>
> Application 1 holds a selection (usually highlighted) and Application 2
> wants to copy the selection. No clipboard is needed. Application 2
> simply asks for the selection. The request is relayed to Application 1,
> which generates the response:

> Marko

I work from a web database of users and I continually have to copy email address and user ID to two separate fields on a Salesforce.com page.

I go to the webpage, highlight email address then copy.
Then go to Salesforce page, and paste.
Then go back to the webpage, then copy the User ID.
Then go back to Salesforce page, and paste.

I think it would be much more efficient to:
On webpage, copy emailaddress and user ID.
Then go to Salesforce and paste email address and user ID.