PEP 394

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Oct 19 21:57:45 EDT 2018

Anders Wegge Keller <wegge at wegge.dk> writes:

> Short and simple: Do you expect PEP 394 to change status

The status of PEP 394 today is “Active”. What change of status would you
expect in this Informational PEP?

> or recommendation when official support for Python2 ends in 13½ months
> time, or at least some time thereafter?

The criterion will not, IIUC, be the end of official PSF support for
Python 2.

Rather, the criteria will include (at least) an insignificant number of
remaining Python 2 installations in the wild.

How that will be measured, I don't know, but *actual usage* of Python 2
is much more the measurement to be made, before deprecating backward
compatibility in the command name.

--
 \     “My house is on the median strip of a highway. You don't really |
  `\        notice, except I have to leave the driveway doing 60 MPH.” |