SSHLibrary (PyNaCl and Cryptography) inst for Python 3.6.4 in Windows 10

Thomas Jollans tjol at tjol.eu
Thu Oct 18 03:30:25 EDT 2018

On 18/10/2018 08:28, Saila wrote:
> keskiviikko 17. lokakuuta 2018 20.18.55 UTC+3 Thomas Jollans kirjoitti:
>> Can't you just install it with pip?
>>
>> py -3 -m pip install PyNaCl
>
> That is not possible because there isn't connection to www in development environment. It is isolated. Only possiblity is import sources.

I see. If installing binary packages is acceptable (which, as you're
using Windows, it must be?), you should still be able to install the
binary packages (wheels) with pip if you download the files for your
OS/Python version from PyPI and move them to the airgapped machine.

Many packages are a lot harder to build from source on Windows than they
should be. Maybe pyNaCl is one of them.

This *might* be of interest:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2018-October/737725.html

----
Looking back at your error messages:

> Installation of cryptography
> ends to
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\VC\Tools\MSVC14.11.25503\bin\HostX86\x64\cl.exe /c /nologo /.... build\temp.win-amd64-3.6\Release\_openssl.c(493): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'openssl/opensslv.h': No such file or directory

This is the typical situation when trying to compile bindings for
third-party libraries (in this case: openssl). You need the library and
its development headers somewhere where setuptools can find them. I
imagine you have to install openssl first, and then copy the files to
some particular place, or somehow tell python how to find it. I don't
know enough about Python on Windows to help there.