Package creation documentation?

Léo El Amri leo at superlel.me
Tue Oct 16 12:14:43 EDT 2018

Hello Spencer,

On 16/10/2018 17:15, Spencer Graves wrote:
>       Where can I find a reasonable tutorial on how to create a Python
> package?

IMO, the best documentation about this is the tutorial:
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/modules.html#packages

>       According to the Python 3 Glossary, "a package is a Python module
> with an __path__ attribute."[1]

What you are looking at are the technical details of what a package is.
Incidentally, if you follow the tutorial, everything will get in-place.

>       I found "packaging.python.org", which recommends "Packaging Python
> Projects"[2] and "An Overview of Packaging for Python".[3]

packaging.python.org is centered on "How to install and distribute
Python packages (Or modules)"

- Léo