snakify issues

Ben Bacarisse ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk
Sat Oct 13 16:11:05 EDT 2018

bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> writes:

> 5:50 AM Dec 8, 2016 a post was made to this list - subject "Snakify -
> free introductory Python online course with exercises"
>
> Recently I was engaged by a student seeking help with some of the
> exercises. I found a number of issues at the snakify web site. Thus
> began a conversation between me and the Site Maintainer Here is the
> latest:
>
> On 9/28/2018 1:02 PM, Vitaly Pavlenko wrote:
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> Thanks for your email. I’d be very happy if you could describe what
>> sort of issues were you running into.
> I drafted a rather lengthy reply which I sent to you on October 1. I
> have not received any response.

I looked at the "landing page" and they clearly need a proof-reader.
It's intelligible, but the English is clunky.  In the body of the course
there's quite a lot of incorrect terminology.

But the material itself is so dull -- numbers, arithmetic, more numbers,
factorials, more arithmetic, numbers...  And when a string exercise came
up (capitalise a word) the hint was to use ord and chr.

--
Ben.