ESR "Waning of Python" post

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Thu Oct 11 12:51:55 EDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 06:22:13PM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
[...]
> There's a huge difference between deciding on using some different
> language for a project, and going on a massive ire-filled rant.

I agree, in fact this is the kind of posture that I myself
implemented in my actions.

I have read the article, which was interesting, but am yet to read the
comments. I have a question. What is the size of data? I could not
spot it. If one had read it into one huge byte array, how many bytes
would it be? ESR says he makes a graph of it and there are ~350k
objects - i.e. nodes, I assume? How many edges (arcs, lines) for a
node, on average? on max?

I am curious, as always. Because it is nice of him to rant, but
technical/mathematical side of decision making is still a bit too
foggy for me and I cannot assess it.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola