Problems installing RStudio from Anaconda Navigator

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at effectivedefense.org
Thu Oct 11 04:17:34 EDT 2018

       I clicked "Install" for "RStudio 1.1.456" in Anaconda Navigator
1.9.2 under Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.  It said "Installing application
RStudio" for over 30 minutes.  It looked stuck.

       Then I read a GitHub post that said, "On the environments tab
create a new R/Python3.5 environment", then install RStudio into that
new environment.[1]

       So I killed the RStudio install and looked at the "Environments
tab".  I'm new to Anaconda Navigator, and I didn't know what I was
looking at so decided to ask here.

       Suggestions?

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves

p.s.  I do not currently have RStudio installed on that machine.  On a
macOS 10.13.6 machine, I have have RStudio 1.2.792 on a macOS 10.13.6.
Anaconda Navigator 1.9.2 on my Mac fails to recognize the existing and
more recent installation of RStudio 1.2.792 there. Should I, e.g., try
to "Import" that existing RStudio installation?

[1] https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/4204