Help please installing Python on Windows 10

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Thu Oct 4 11:07:54 EDT 2018

Am 03.10.2018 um 09:34 schrieb Timothy Cowell via Python-list:
> Could I please ask for help installing Python on Windows 10 - I've tried twice (Version 3.7 for windows) selecting the install now option. After first attempt I uninstalled and tried again.
>
> Each time it has put 4 items in the programs list from the windows start button, all under heading Python 3.7, but the first time they said 64 bit and the second time only 32 bit - I guess I must have clicked on different versions.

32 bit on a 64 bit PC and Windows version should work, 64 bit on 32 bit
Windows probably not. So, if you kept your second attempt, that should
be enough to start with.

> Both times there was IDLE, Python 3.7, Manuals, and Module Docs. The last two of these worked when clicked on, but the first two just put up a small window of which first was white, and second was black, but I couldn't make them do anything.

IDLE and the Python shell both start with windows showing text like this:

Python 3.7.0 (v3.7.0:1bf9cc5093, Jun 27 2018, 04:59:51) [MSC v.1914 64
bit (AMD64)] on win32

Did you get something like this? In that case nothing was wrong, Python
just waited for your commands. The manual contains a tutorial which
starts using the interactive interpreter - try it out. If you don't get
the results the tutorial predicts, come back here or subscribe to the
tutor list:
Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org