python not working on RHEL6

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:24:52 EDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:20 AM Madushan Chathuranga
<mchathuranga4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I type python2.6 terminal opens for python. So no issue on that. but when I type python2.7, python or any yum command It gives the error,
> python: error while loading shared libraries: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Okay. Check what "which python" and "which python2.6" do, and if
"which python2.7" is different. You may be able to manually recreate
your original /usr/bin/python (or whatever it is) from python2.6. That
would effectively undo the non-alt part of your install, and then you
can proceed to fix the actual installation. Hopefully.

ChrisA