How to change '\\' to '\'

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:07:20 EDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 12:05 AM Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:17:27 +0800, Jach Fong <jfong at ms4.hinet.net>
> declaimed the following:
>

> >It was supposed that most discussant want to see the reply message
> >instantly when they open the mail. They already know what is going on
> >and no need to pass through all those previous message. "top posting"
> >seems more reasonable to me:-)
> >

>         Such behavior reflects
> 1) personal (1 to 1) replies, where the recipient should already know the
> subject of the matter (having written it in the first place);

Which assumes that the recipient of your message has sent few enough
messages that s/he remembers the content of all of them. I don't know
about you, but that certainly isn't true of me. If you're replying to
anything more than a week old, I'm going to be looking at the quoted
context to see what I said.

ChrisA