How to change '\\' to '\'

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Tue Oct 2 02:48:32 EDT 2018

On 10/01/2018 11:10 PM, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> Am 02.10.18 um 04:17 schrieb Jach Fong:

>> It was supposed that most discussant want to see the reply message
>> instantly when they open the mail. They already know what is going on
>> and no need to pass through all those previous message. "top posting"
>> seems more reasonable to me:-)
>
> You assume that everybody who reads it has already read all the previous
> discussion. That may be true in a private discussion, but on Usenet
> often people scan over the postings and don't recall all the details.

Even for two-person, private email discussions I prefer the interleaved
replies -- in a week when I have to remind myself what was discussed it
is much easier to comprehend.

> Also, "intermixed posting" makes it easier to reply to several points
> individually. You should shorten the quote to the releveant bit that
> your reply belongs to.

Yes.  It is extremely annoying when someone top posts and leaves the
entire rest of the discussion still attached at the bottom.

--
~Ethan~