What Python books to you recommend to beginners?

Santiago Basulto santiago at rmotr.com
Wed Nov 28 11:47:09 EST 2018

Python for Data Analysis is a great choice for sure. I think Think Python
<http://greenteapress.com/thinkpython/html/index.html>, by Allen Downey is
also a great alternative for beginners. I've written a short piece with 3
free books to get started:
https://blog.rmotr.com/the-3-python-books-you-need-to-get-started-for-free-9b72a2c6fb17

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 12:51 PM Brian Oney via Python-list <
python-list at python.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-11-28 at 08:44 -0600, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > What do people recommend? The target is Python 3.6 and 3.7. The
> > audience at work is a mostly financial/statistical crowd, so exposure
> > to things like Pandas would be nice, though I'm sure there are
> > dedicated books for just that.
>
> Given your audience "Python for Data Analysis, 2nd Edition" by Wes
> McKinney would suit well. The Python tutorial should suit for basic
> syntax.
>
> HTH
> --

Santiago Basulto.-