Need help for python on my pc.

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 18:20:55 EST 2018

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 12:19 PM Sourav Banik <banik77061 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Python team,
> I'm using python 3.7(32 bit) for several months on my same laptop (x64
> processor). I worked on some django project very swiftly without any
> problem. But for a few days I am facing a serious problem. My python files
> are not showing properly by the file manager. It is just showing 'python
> source file' without any logo. When I open my cmd to work on django, it is
> not also working though virtualenv is working properly I think.

Are you on Windows 10?  There have been reports of a recent update
breaking Windows 10 file associations.  One such article reporting
this behavior:

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-broke-windows-10s-file-associations-with-a-botched-update/

which refers to this Microsoft update:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4462919/windows-10-update-kb4462919

In this, it says:

<quote>
After installing this update, some users cannot set Win32 program
defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open
with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps.

In some cases, Microsoft Notepad or other Win32 programs cannot be set
as the default.

In some cases, attempting to set application defaults again will succeed.

Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be
available in late November 2018.
</quote>

--
boB