question on the 'calendar' function

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:00:41 EST 2018

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 8:09 AM Calvin Spealman <cspealma at redhat.com> wrote:

> You really have the pieces you need here. You can print a whole year's calendar with calendar.formatyear() or a single month with calendar.monthcalendar(). If you need multiple years, call the first more than once with each year you need to print. If you need partial years, print the individual months you need with monthcalendar()
>
> Can you actually be more specific on what about the task is stumping you?

OK so there needs to be a 2 level request, as I'm thinking of it,
rather than being able to
write something like (using human speak):

print 36 months starting from 2017.06      or
print 60 months starting from 2017.03         with possible formatting
instructions.

There seem to be a severe limit in the function in that a year is a
maximum single
time frame. I need to function within a time range of 2 to 3 or 4
years. That means
that I move between the week/month and the longer frame lots and most software
seems to be hard limited to a single year as the limit on the macro scale.

Oh well - - - - guess I can't do what I want then - - - thanks for the
assistance.

Regards