question on the 'calendar' function

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Nov 20 20:59:27 EST 2018

o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 12:09 PM Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor at gmail.com> writes:
> > > It could be useful to see the longer time spans as weeks rather
> > > than as days but seeing the larger time frames only as months
> > > would enable the planning that I need to do.
> >
> > Does ‘calendar.monthcalendar’ come close to what you need
> > <URL:https://docs.python.org/3/library/calendar.html#calendar.monthcalendar>?
>
> No - - - the limit is still one year (of 12 months) and my minimum
> would be 18 months and preferably quite a bit more.

That doesn't match what I understand from the module documentation.

Can you show a (small, self-contained) example that demonstrates the
“limit is still one year” when you try to use ‘calendar.monthcalendar’
for the purpose you described above?

--
 \         “I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, |
  `\      when you looked at it in the right way, did not become still |