Reading 'scientific' csv using Pandas?

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 15:06:50 EST 2018

Den 2018-11-19 skrev Martin Schöön <martin.schoon at gmail.com>:
> I spoke too early. Upon closer inspection I get the first column with
> decimal '.' and the rest with decimal ','. I have tried the converter
> thing to no avail :-(

Problem solved!

This morning I woke up with the idea of testing if all this fuss may
be caused by the fact that the 'objectional' files missed some data
in their first few rows. I tested by replacing the blank spaces in one
file with zeros. Bingo! For real this time!

Missing data threw read_csv off course.

Fortunately, only a few files needed a handful of zeros to work so
I could do it manually without breaking too much sweat.

Thanks for the keen interest shown.

/Martin