Suggestions for plotting slide rule & sector scales?

Adam Funk a24061 at ducksburg.com
Tue Nov 20 11:21:34 EST 2018

On 2018-11-08, Stefan Ram wrote:

> Adam Funk <a24061 at ducksburg.com> writes:
>>and get a line 100 mm long with a log scale on the top and a linear
>>scale on the bottom.
>
>   From what I have heard,
>
> pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/qx11info.html#appDpiX
>
>   will give you the dots per inch (link not validated).
>
>   matplotlib.axis.Axis handles drawing of t tick lines,
>   grid lines, tick and axis label (information not verified).

I hadn't thought of using matplotlib to do axes only, without the rest
of the graph --- interesting idea.

I've also found pynomo, which looks more appropriate, but I'm having
problems with that (see other post).

--
Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but
that's not why we do it.                        ---Richard Feynman