Good editor for python

Olive diolu.remove_this_part at bigfoot.com
Sun Nov 11 04:14:51 EST 2018

I am not a professional programmer but I use Python regularly for custom scripts (and plot with matplotlib). I have just learned VBA for Excel: what I found amazing was their editor: it is able to suggest on the spot all the methods an object support and there is a well-integrated debugger. I wonder if something similar exists for Python. For now I just use emacs with the command line pdb. What do people use here? Ideally I would like to have something that is cross platform Windows/Linux.

Olivier