Anyone running Python on MS Azure?

Cris Medina cabkarian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 21:16:50 EST 2018

The python azure lib that MS maintains wraps all Azure services like boto3
does for AWS. However, be prepared for constant changes that are
incompatible across versions. They do provide a mechanism for you to stick
with an API version for backwards compatibility that allows an upgrade of
the python module while keeping with the interfaces you use.

The main problem I've had with Azure is not the python module, it's the
reliability of the services themselves. Be prepared for endless retries and
moments in which you've made a change that service accepted, but doesn't
actually take effect for a long time (several mins to half hour). You'll
also receive sporadic internal error responses from the servers when making
API calls.

Services I use almost daily: spin up, manage (including remote execution)
and destroy compute and network resources (including express route, virtual
gateways and connections).

Hope this helps.-