Number 7 syntax ERROR

Vlastimil Brom vlastimil.brom at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 09:26:14 EST 2018

> Hello,
> I have been experiencing difficulty while trying to run scripts on my IDLE
> software, considering that when I run my program, I get an error at the top
> of the page in the “Python 3.7.1” area, highlighting the seven telling me
> that there is a syntax error, in this case, I cant remove that area, so I
> cant run my script, please help
> Sincerely,
> Zed
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10
>
> --

Hi,
it looks like, You are trying to run some "text" which is not valid as
python code.
It might be something starting with an "introduction" shown at python
terminal, e.g.:
Python 3.7.1 (v3.7.1:260ec2c36a, Oct 20 2018, 14:05:16) [MSC v.1915 32
bit (Intel)] on win32

At least this part is not a valid, runable python code, and the
highlighted part "7" is the first place, where the syntax error was
detected.
You might try removing this starting part of the script source and see
whether it does something expected.
Otherwise there might be some other problems with it.

There are restrictions on changing the text already entered to the
interactive interpretter like IDLE; you may try to save and edit the
source as a *.py file in some code editor (or in IDLE as new file...)
and running it directly.

hth,
   vbr