Problem with OrderedDict

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed May 30 09:16:05 EDT 2018

On Wed, 30 May 2018 23:05:53 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> You can always change the *values*, but not the *order* of the keys.

Okay, so far we have these operations which are allowed:

- changing a value associated with a key

and these operations which all raise RuntimeError with the "mutated"
error message:

- changing the position of a key;

- deleting a key (using either del or popitem);

- adding a new key;

- deleting a key and adding it back again;

- deleting a key and adding a new key.

This is the only thing I've found so far that gives the "changed size"
error message:

- clearing the dictionary with d.clear()

Phew! I was starting to think Frank was imagining it, and that the
"changed size" test was dead code :-)

--
Steven D'Aprano
it everywhere." -- Jon Ronson