how to handle captcha through machanize module or any module

Peter J. Holzer hjp-python at hjp.at
Tue May 29 05:27:24 EDT 2018

On 2018-05-24 09:59:14 +1000, Ben Finney wrote:
> If you are attempting to fool a CAPTCHA with an automated tool, you are
> entering an arms race against those who design the CAPTCHA to *prevent*
> exactly what you're doing.
>
> Any technique someone can describe to fool the CAPTCHA, will most likely
> already be considered as part of the design of the more effective
> CAPTCHAs, and so the technique will still not actually work reliably.

And any technique that someone can describe to fool programs will most
likely already be considered by those who write programs to break
captchas, and so the technique will still not actually work reliably.

> So, there is no general answer, other than to stop thinking that's a
> race that you can win.

I agree that there is no *general* answer. For any specific captcha,
there probably is a way to break it automatically, and possibly with
higher reliability than a human can (many captchas are hard and
frustrating for humans).

It *is* an arms race and who wins depends on who where to break-even
point between effort and value is for the defender and the attacker.

        hp