The PIL show() method looks for the default viewer. How do I change this to a different viewer (of my choice)?

Paul St George email at paulstgeorge.com
Sat May 26 11:17:42 EDT 2018

Thank you.
You are very right. The show() method is intended for debugging purposes
and is useful for that, but what method should I be using and is PIL the
best imaging library for my purposes? I do not want to manipulate
images, I only want to show images (full screen) on an external display.
I want to use Python to control the timing of the images.

And, out of curiosity, as I will probably use a different method - how
do I find out what commands can be used as parameters for show()? I read
the docs at
<https://pillow.readthedocs.io/en/5.1.x/reference/Image.html#PIL.Image.Image.show>,
but I am none the wiser.