List replication operator

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri May 25 12:41:37 EDT 2018

On Fri, 25 May 2018 11:59:38 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> 	What is your definition of a multi-dimensional array -- I tend to
think
> of them as pre-declared sizes; not the variable (row|column) lengths
> possible when using nested lists.

Any fixed size array can be implemented using a variable-sized array and
simply NOT increasing or shrinking the array.

Don't want to append an item to the end? Then don't append an item to the
end :-)

(If you really care, you can subclass list and override the methods which
modify the size of the list.)

--
Steve