Indented multi-line strings

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Wed May 23 22:38:20 EDT 2018

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:56 PM, Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 1:45 PM, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want additional indentation, then provide a string literal:
>>
>> def func():
>>     foobar
>>     data = >> '    ':
>>       first line
>>       last line
>>     foobar
>>
>> for '    first line\n    last line\n' or:
>>
>> def func():
>>     foobar
>>     data = >> '\t':
>>       first line
>>       last line
>>     foobar
>>
>> for '\tfirst line\n\tlast line\n'.
>> --
>>

> I think this is getting way too complex to fix a problem which doesn't
> exist.

@Bob
It is not clear at all about which issue are you writing the comment.
Also not clear to whom is it addressed (me or MRAB).

Please - can you be specific and respectful.

And a general note - It is hard to support the conversation when the
amount of rational content becomes low.
May be it surprises you but I _read_ the comments and try to
understand them.