Usenet Gateway (was: Spam levels.)

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed May 23 12:03:46 EDT 2018

On Wednesday 23 May 2018 11:20:34 Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer wrote:

> can someone explain to me why the mailing list (spam free) is not used
> by everybody?
>
> Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer
> https://github.com/Abdur-rahmaanJ

Brain damaged by facebook, AOL, M$, Google, yahoo yadda yadda into
thinking that webmail and forums are the only game in town?

They can run them thru their browser, and never were taught any
different. My own ISP is so brain washed by imap users, that fetchmail
is not allowed to delete what its has pulled, so I have to login to the
webmail interface every day with a browser and delete by hand, those
messages I've allready read with kmail. Its a time sink, and a right
pain in the ass but thats how it is. With fetchmail/procmail/clamav and
spamassassin handling the incoming mail, I am reduced to hitting the
plus key to go to the next unread msg, select the reply mode if I reply,
edit the response, and a ctrl+return sends it. You can't get it any
simpler than that. Computers were sold to us as a way to do some of our
work, but mention how my computer does all that for me and those folks
are totally aghast at the thought of actually getting the computer to do
it for them.  I ran out of sympathy for those folks nearly 2 decades
ago, when I had a full house Amiga doing all that for me.

So I lurk here, hoping some python know how might stick to me, and issue
a rant when I feel its needed. Sorry, but your post was a trigger, so I
went into rant mode.

Take care now.  And enjoy the list but be aware that at times the spam is
replaced with snarky stuff. Much of it well earned.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)