Python 3.6 causes error, python 3.5 does not.

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon May 21 03:21:29 EDT 2018

Jim <jf_byrnes at comcast.net> writes:
> The problem is it runs fine if I use python 3.5. If I use python 3.6
> it opens the calc file then pops up a dialog saying
> "std::bad_alloc".

This looks like a C++ error message -- maybe from "calc".

It also looks quite severe (some memory allocation problem).
Therefore, it does not look likely that we can help you via this list.
I would use a C/C++ level debugger, to find out whether the message
come from the Python side (quite unlikely in my opinion) or from
"libreoffice".