Fwd: sys module does not contain ps1

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 18 14:40:22 EDT 2018

On 5/18/2018 7:40 AM, Alferdize wrote:
> [...]

The docs say
"""
sys.ps1
sys.ps2

     Strings specifying the primary and secondary prompt of the
interpreter. These are only defined if the interpreter is in interactive
mode.
"""
You must be running your code in a program, perhaps IDLE, that simulates
the interpreter's interactive mode, but which actually runs your code in
a Python interpreter running in non-interactive mode.

--
Terry Jan Reedy