what does := means simply?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri May 18 10:47:28 EDT 2018

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 12:37 AM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> Have a look at some of the implementations here (to test some Mandelbrot
> benchmark):
>
> https://benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/performance/mandelbrot.html
>
> The three Python examples all use 'import sys' and 'import multiprocessing',
> none of which I can find any trace of as any sort of files let alone .py.
> One of them also uses 'import array', which I can't find either.

I guess you didn't look very hard.

>>> import multiprocessing
>>> multiprocessing.__file__
'/usr/local/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/__init__.py'
>>> import array
>>> array.__file__
'/usr/local/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload/array.cpython-38m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so'

Hey look, files!

But that still isn't the point. Porting does NOT mean emulating. Read
the documentation, not the implementation.

ChrisA