what does := means simply?

Rhodri James rhodri at kynesim.co.uk
Fri May 18 07:04:54 EDT 2018

On 18/05/18 02:45, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> To successful port anything but the most trivial code, you actually have
> to understand *both* languages -- including the syntax, semantics, built-
> in language features, AND libraries.

A point that was once made to me about translating human languages is
that to do it well, you need to understand both languages *and both
cultures.*  The same principle probably applies to computer languages as
well; how often have we collectively complained about people trying to
write (say) FORTRAN in Python?

--
Rhodri James *-* Kynesim Ltd