syntax oddities

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu May 17 18:38:31 EDT 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 8:31 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2018 07:18:32 -0700, Tobiah <toby at tobiah.org> declaimed the
> following:
>
>>Top posting is awesome for the reader plowing through
>>a thread in order.  In that case the cruft at the bottom
>>is only for occasional reference.
>>

>         That concept is meaningful only email between two parties, where the
> quoted material is a "courtesy copy" for content the other party likely
> provided a week earlier (snail mail).

And I'm not sure it's of value there either. If I emailed someone a
week ago and s/he responds today, proper quote trimming is of great
value, just as it is with newsgroups/mailing lists. The only time it
wouldn't much matter is if we're going back and forth with extreme
rapidity, and then you may as well bottom-post because it makes little
difference.

ChrisA