issue runing ipython

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat May 12 00:50:43 EDT 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 20:13:08 -0700, Sharan Basappa wrote:

> I see an issue while running ipython. Can anyone help please.

Is the error message not clear enough? It tells you what the problem is
("ipython notebook" is deprecated) and tells you how to fix it (use
"jupyter notebook" instead).

> D:\Users\sharanb>ipython notebook
> [TerminalIPythonApp] WARNING | Subcommand `ipython notebook` is
> deprecated and will be removed in future versions. [TerminalIPythonApp]
> WARNING | You likely want to use `jupyter notebook` in the future
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
>   "d:\users\sharanb\appdata\local\programs\python\python37-32\lib
\runpy.py",
>   line 193, in _run_module_as_main
>     "__main__", mod_spec)
>   File "d:\users\sharanb\appdata\l

I don't know what more there is to say that the error message doesn't
already say. Have you tried running "jupyter notebook" instead? What
happens?

--
Steve