Leading 0's syntax error in datetime.date module (Python 3.6)

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri May 11 06:56:40 EDT 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 21:55:17 +1200, Gregory Ewing wrote:

> Hex came into vogue in the DEC world with the VAX, which was both
> byte-addressed and had a hex-oriented instruction encoding.

Indeed. In 2018 when nearly all computers (aside from some DSPs) have
standardised on the same number of bits, it is hard to remember that in
Ancient Days there was damn little standardisation of computers. You had
computers with 6, 9, or even 60 bits per byte, machines that used BCD in
preference to binary ints, and even a few Russian-made computers that
didn't use binary at all, but ternary.

I'm also told that some of those computers didn't run Windows.

*wink*

--
Steve