Print Failure or success based on the value of the standalone tool

Ganesh Pal ganesh1pal at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:23:34 EDT 2018

On Thu, May 10, 2018, 22:31 Rob Gaddi

> By not using os.system, it's been superseded for reasons exactly like
> yours.  https://docs.python.org/3/library/subprocess.html is your friend.

Can someone please help me understand this better for me with a program .
Will the  returncode of subprocess still not be  0 or -ve number ?

My requirement is let the  test_standalone_tool.py script which is a
wrapper around standalone_tool.py print pass /fail based on the possible
values I.e True , False and None

I'm not sure weather if I need to i.e replace os.system with subprocess or
make changes in standalone_tool.py to return 0 or -1( use sys.exit())

Regards,
Ganesh