www.python.org down

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:12:30 EDT 2018

On Sun, May 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Gilmeh Serda
<gilmeh.serdah at nothing.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Apr 2018 10:38:54 -0700, Jorge Gimeno wrote:
>
>> Not sure who to report to, but the site comes back with a 503. Anyone
>> know where I can direct this to?
>
> Why would you report it? Give it at least a day before you're going
> berserk with "reports"! If there's a serious problem, they will see to it
> that a replacement site is launched that will give info on what happened.
> Sit back and stay calm!
>
> Trust me, there is nothing more annoying than having to wade through a
> crapload of "error reports" early in the morning. And especially from
> those morons who end their reports with "What's wrong?" Gee, are you
> coming over to fix things?
>
> I wish I had a penny for every such "report" we receive to our external
> support box, I'd be rich today.

So you'd rather the site just stay down until the right person happens
to notice it?

Nice to know that your attitude towards your web site's users is that
they are "morons", and even more indicative that you consider that
people should let the site be down for a minimum of 86,400 seconds
before it's considered serious enough to actually report.

ChrisA