write to file

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat May 5 12:14:40 EDT 2018

On Sat, 05 May 2018 08:45:39 -0700, Sharan Basappa wrote:

> Thanks a lot. I have actually tried print with file handle as a
> parameter (the last option). I see that the file is created but nothing
> is logged.

That could be a file buffer issue. Nothing will actually be written to
the disk until either the buffer is full, or you close the file. Try
calling fh.flush() from time to time, or use:

    print(msg, file=fh, flush=True)

although things may be different on Windows. (For example, you may not be
able to open the file while it is still open in Python.)

--
Steve