ipython install

Sharan Basappa sharan.basappa at gmail.com
Sat May 5 03:20:26 EDT 2018

I am trying to install ipython. I already have python installed.

When I type "pip install ipython" I get the following messages:

Requirement already satisfied: setuptools>=18.5 in d:\users\sharanb\appdata\local\programs\python\python36-32\lib\site-packages (from ipython)
Requirement already satisfied: jedi>=0.10 in d:\users\sharanb\appdata\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from ipython)
Requirement already satisfied: colorama; sys_platform == "win32" in d:\users\sharanb\appdata\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from ipython)
Requirement already satisfied: decorator in d:\users\sharanb\appdata\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from ipython)
Requirement already satisfied: traitlets>=4.2 in d:\users\sharanb\appdata\roaming\python\python36\site-packages (from ipython)

After this, when I type ipython on command prompt, I don't get anything on my windows.

Am I making any mistakes installing ipython?