Python 2.7.15 Windows MSI removes previous 2.7.x binaries?

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Tue May 1 13:48:48 EDT 2018

It's intended behaviour (to my knowledge). Or at least, we don't
intend for people to install two different patch versions in parallel
(at least not with the official installers). I thought this behaviour
was always the case. It may be related to the installer technology
involved, though, so it may have changed when we switched to wix.

You're right it doesn't seem like the details are well documented. It
might be worth raising a docs bug on bugs.python.org asking for the
details to be clarified.
Paul