[Python-Dev] [RELEASE] Python 2.7.15

Alex Walters tritium-list at sdamon.com
Tue May 1 05:58:14 EDT 2018

I've gotten some mixed signals on the status of this release, notably from
the BDFL:

https://twitter.com/gvanrossum/status/991170064417153025
"Python 2.7.15 released -- the last 2.7 release!" (and a link to this
thread)

I was under the impression that 2.7 was being supported until 2020.  If this
is the final release of 2.7, what would "support" constitute?  My assumption
was that the final release of 2.7 would be sometime in 2020 (or much closer
to 2020 than 19 months).

The