Beta release of pip version 10

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:15:32 EDT 2018

MRAB writes:

> > UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode character
> >
> > when it meets a non-ascii char.
> >
> > e.g. tried this:
> > pip search pygame > a.txt
> >
> Well, _I_ didn't get an error!
>
> One of the lines is:
>
> kundalini (0.4)                - LրVE-like PyGame API
>
> So it's down to what system encoding (active code page) is in use.

Dunno, it gives me error regardless of active codepage,
my default is 866, i've set to 1252 or 65001, same error.

The output itself is fine - I see correct glyphs, so the error
only appears when I redirect to file.
if I try some python script e.g. "a.py":
print ("абв")

and run:
py a.py > a.txt

I get some gibberish in the file.
So it is probably a global issue. Nothing works in this life :)